Inspired by the excellent podcast, “Into the Meepleverse” and their discussion of gaming resolutions for the year, I decided to make some resolutions of my own including trying to play at least ten boardgames new to me.
- Co-op play to gather resources needed to defeat classic movie monsters with mini games.
Tiny Epic Galaxies
- Players compete to gain resources, colonize planets, and gain victory points for the win
- Feels like Twilight Imperium pared down to the essentials but without space battles and development trees
Founders of Gloomhaven
- Balance resource management with tile placement
- Extremely crunchy
Tiny Epic Zombies
- Can be played as solo, co-op, or even competitive
- Lots of scenarios and characters to choose from
Scooby Doo! Betrayal at Mystery Mansion
- Players work together to explore and gather clues to uncover who was behind the scheme all along
- Simplified version of the Betrayal at the House on the Hill games for younger players
Head of the Mousehold
- Press your luck and try to anticipate what cards the other players will set up to be the second mouse to reach the cheese
Dungeons & Dragons – Adventure Begins
- Strip down D&D to the essentials of a d20 roll and creative uses for items to defeat monsters and overcome challenges
- Even more simplified than the D&D Adventure Board Games.
- Build and modify your steampunk vehicle on the fly as you race against the other players
- Lots of dice pools and potential for mayhem
Here to Slay
- A very Munchkin style game of monster fighting
Tiny Epic Pirates
- Worker placement and exploration to find, loot, and fight for the title of the best pirate out there.
You must be logged in to post a comment.